2016. szeptember 2., péntek

Thich Nhat Hanh - A Free White Cloud

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Cloud_over_Gaggio,_a_mountain_in_Ticino,_Switzerland.jpg
I remember
when you were still a white cloud
 
floating freely
 
wherever you wanted to go.

I too was following my own course as a stream,

seeking its way to the immense ocean.

You enjoyed listening to the chanting pines
 
on the high peaks.

I moved up and down, 

in and out,
 
on the white crest 
of the infinite waves.

Seeing the world of humans suffer so much,
 
their tears becoming rivers,
 
you transformed yourself into rain.
 
Raindrop after raindrop fell each winter night.
 
White clouds covered the whole sky.

The sun agonized
 in such darkness.

You called me back.

You called to me 

to take my hands
 
and create a powerful storm together.

How could we not struggle 

when even the prairie flowers 

and mountain grass 

moaned from the pain of injustice?

You lifted up your angelic arms,

determined to release the chains of oppression.

War and darkness enveloped everything.

The dark barrel of the gun -- the utmost violence --

bones heaped up into mountains,

and blood flowing into rivers.

Even after your hands were crushed,

my dear, the chains were not removed.

I called the thunder back to your side.

We were determined to confront violence.

You were brave.
 
During the darkness of the night,
 
you transformed yourself into a lion king
 
and let out a powerful roar.

In the foggy night,
 
tens of thousands of evil spirits
 
heard your roar
 
and shivered, 

filled with fear.

But fearlessly,
 
you never stepped back,

even while so many layers of traps and dangers
 
were before us.

You looked calmly at the violence
 
as if it weren't there.

What is the nature of life and death?
 
How could life and death pressure us?

You called my name with a smile.

Not a single moan came from you,
 
even under chains and torture.

Now you are free.

The chains can no longer confine your true body.

You return to your life as a white cloud
 
just like before --

a white cloud utterly free
 
in the immense sky.

Coming and going --

it's up to you.

When you want to have a look, you just stop.

As for me,
 
I am still on the crest of the waves,

singing for you
 
this epic song.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése